Pages

Followers

Sunday 26 December 2010

Happy Boxing Day

Good morning all!!! I trust you all had a lovely Christmas day with family & friends as I did!

I thought I'd share with you a little card that I made in around 15 minutes on Christmas eve!

The card is for my great nephew who's birthday is on Christmas Day! As usual, I was running short of time. There is always soooo much to do on Christmas eve! Fortunately I remembered this great waterfall download  which I purchased from Scrapbookingmad ages ago. It's called Horse Mad Boy and is designed by Sammy Murphy. You can purchase it here. Oliver has inherited his mothers love of all thing horsey, so I thought this would fit the bill perfectly! As I was so short of time I decided to keep it really simple!
The download comes complete with 2 backing papers. I used the plain blue for the base card & the checked one to matt the waterfall onto. I mounted the waterfall using foam pads which I feel gives a bit of room to allow the waterfall action. I added a couple of peel off corners and number 4's along with a Happy Birthday peel off. I used a silver self adhesive triangle gem type thingy for the pull & added some card candy that I got from a friend a while back!
I was quite pleased with the result & I have it on good authority that he loved it too, so all is well! Thanks for saving the day Sammy!
I have entered this card in the December competition over at the Cardmaking Downloads forum, where the theme is any card any theme as long as it's made with something purchased from Cardmaking Downloads or Scrapbookingmad.

2 comments:

  1. well what a lovely card it is and I'm sure it will be loved hope your christmas was enjoyable I'm lookinf forward to quiet day today to recover from yesterday
    take care
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Dawn
    Great card..i am sure he loved it!!!!!
    Hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx