Pages

Followers

Friday 14 January 2011

Hope Your Birthday Rocks!

This is my DT card for the Digi's With Attitude! Challenge #13Where the theme is Use Green & Black!




































Green, if I'm honest, has never really been a favourite colour of mine but lately I find I'm using it more & more! Black has just always been there, especially in my wardrobe!!
The image is of course from Digi's With Attitude!  She's called Rock band Tween! What Tween doesn't dream about being in a Rock band! You can find her & the other Tweens here! Isn't she just adorable! The more I worked with her the more I loved her!
I decided to make an easel card. I did originally plan to do a roundie but that didn't quite work out the way I wanted so I changed it to this style.
I coloured the image with my faithful Promarkers, then added some sparkle with my old fave, the trusty, Sakura Clear Star pen!
You can't see it in the main pic but as I was colouring her up I took this pic just to let you see the sparkle!
As you can see she's not quite done yet!
I cut the image out with my nesties and the base card was printed on both sides with a backing paper download from the Trendy Girls Collection at Scrapbookingmad. I just love that design to bits!


Here is a closer look at her fully coloured up! She looks so much better with her hair done!!!
The ribbon was purchased from a local haberdasher. I thought the colour was a good match!
Green is definitely growing on me!


The sentiment on the stop was computer generated & again cut out with nesties. The glossy black card used for matting is from Southfield Stationers Bits n Pieces range. You can visit their shop or buy online!
I used foam pads to attach it & added some irridescent gems to finish off!


I do hope you like her!
Thanks sooo much for looking!
 
Challenge list:-
AiFactory Challenge #64 Anything goes
Dare to be Sassy Challenge #55 Use it up Zebra Print Paper
Stamin' B's Challenge #93  Use a Die Nesties
Creative Cottage Challenge #30 Use Something New  (Digi, gems & ribbon)
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge#17 Anything Goes
Craft our Passion Challenge#40 Let's Tie One on Green Ribbon
Cupcake Craft Challenge Challenge#124  Something New (Digi, gems & ribbon)
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge # Do It With Digi's
Pollycraft Mondays Challenge #75 New Things (Digi, gems & ribbon)
CYDA Challenge #11 Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge Try Something Different (Green & Black!)
Paper Play Challenges 11 Cutie patootie
Glitterbabe's Challenge #27 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters Challenge #18 Heart's Desire (To be in a Rock band)

32 comments:

  1. This is great,love that animal print Dawn! I have 2 of these image coloured on my table,i must use them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one of your fave colours or not .... your card ROCKS!!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great card Dawn love DWA stamps they have such a great Attitude lol no green isn't one of my fav colours either but I do love black might find me entering this one
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this shade of Green! great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, your card is FABAROONY, I love it! Another brilliant card, bet the DWA DT are SO pleased they chose you, I know I would be!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, what a fab card. I love the funky image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my “something new” challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is fabulous I love the colour combo & awesome design.
    Thankyou for joining us at Sweet Stampin', good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...this is really funky..great colours and a fab image!!

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She definitely rocks! The zebra striped paper is just perfect for that image and you did an amazing job coloring her! Plus you can never go wrong with some sparkle on your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fab easel card, just love the image and that backing paper is so perfect. Thanks for 'playing' at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool, easel card. Love the colors you used. Super job!
    So glad you joined the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool, I really really like it. I'm a green phobic too but Lime green has really gained a place in my heart lately. I love the image (feel a shop visit coming on!) Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your card it has my two favourite colours. Really funky and modern. Thanks for joining our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a striking colour combo.Great card all round.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion and AiFactory :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! how fun! thank you so much for sharing it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab card! Those colours are great !!! Love the image too - real attitude!

    Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bright and bold card. It certainly does ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Dawn! Looks even better in the flesh (so to speak!!) My bookcase shelves look like a fantastic card shop atm!!
    Brilliant how you managed to enter so many different challenges with just one card - very talented!!
    Suz xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really cute! I love her green eyes...the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at AiF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooohhhhh I love green Dawn and this is a complete stunner...I love that image shes brilliant and you coloured her beautifully
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion 's challenge blog. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow super funky card - I'm lovin' the DP and the bling !
    Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fantastic. Green isn't my first choice either - but you have done a fabulous job. I LOVE that image too - it so reminds me of my youngest daughter who plays the guitar. Thanks for joining us at Top tip Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Dawn, love it.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card, great colors, great papers, great everything!
    Thank you for playing with us at Glitterbabe´s Challenge, hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really fabulous card!! I love the papers and the whole layout!! Fabulous coloring too!! Thanks for joining in this week at Glitterbabe's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Play challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. so so cute, thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is sooo funky.... love that animal print, really goes well with your theme. She is perfectly coloured.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh, this is a cool and funky card, loving the zebra effect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love this card Dawn - really funky :D I hope you don't mind but I'll definitely keep this one in mind when I need to make Beckys birthday card in March - she's also learning to play the guitar so it would be right up her street and totally perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx