Pages

Followers

Monday 23 January 2012

Enter The Dragon

Hi folks,
I have a little Chinese New Year card to share with you today!
I had to make a couple of these, but as they were for totally unrelated parties, 
I was able to use the same design for both! 
 A great time saver!


I trawled the internet looking for a suitable image to use but I just
couldn't find anything I liked.
Then I remembered Dilbert Dragon from The Crafty Pad Designs!
He's a cute little dragon is he not!!!
I didn't intend to go cute but there you have it!
I couldn't stop singing "Puff The Magic Dragon" as I was making these!
I made the sentiment up in my graphics programme
then added Dilbert to the centre.
The base card was cut using a Grand Scalloped Circle Nestie which I 
then scored & folded in half!


I cut a smaller scalloped circle of gold mirror card with a regular nestie.
I cut Dilbert out using an Inverted Scallop nestie & inked the edges.
The image was coloured with Promarkers & I added a touch of Glamour Dust
to Dilberts wings &  horns!
I added a couple of Oriental Peel off's which are supposed to represent water,
also a feature of this Chinese New Year I am informed.
The numbers were die cut but I can't remember the name of the alphabet!
Thanks for stopping by! 
 I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Bloggers Network Distressing
Crafty Boots Challenge Inspired By A Song Title (Puff The Magic Dragon)
Scrappers Delights Anything Goes
Sew many Cards Circles
Simon Says Stamp & Show Song Title
Dream Valley Challenges Animals
One Stitch At A Time Round & Round
Outlawz Challenge CAS- Something New (New Year)
Sentimental Sundays Die Cuts
The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan Punches/Die Cuts
The Squirrell & The Fox Critters
Crafty Calendar New News
Raise The Bar Ring In The New Year- Circles
Stamp Man Use Red
CCEE Stampers JFF Chinese New Year
Moving Along With The Times Things With Wings
Rainbow Lady's The Year Of The Dragon
Joanna Sheen Challenge Celebration

33 comments:

  1. What a fab design Dawn! The dragon is so cute! and I love his sparkly wings and horns! Love the red and gold too - it's perfect for Chinese New Year!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck with the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little fellow and a great card Dawn. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x singing 'Puff the magic dragon'... thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, Stunning image and a beautiful card love the layout colouring and embellishments :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card, i love your cute image and lo...sue-b x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Dawn, love the dragon he is so cute. Love the rocking card too!

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As dragons go, he's a real cutie! Great card Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card! I love that little dragon he's so cute!
    Thank you for joining in at MAWTT this week and good luck with Pami's Things With Wings challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative and just fabulous!!! LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab card Dawn and I love Dilbert, he makes a lovely representation of Puff.

    Thanks for joining in with the fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the wonderful whimsy Dragon. Especially like the folded part of the card. I posted a Happy Chinese New Yr Card today also after finding a Dragon rubber stamp at Michaels. Thanks for entering at Raise the Bar.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
    Guest Bar-Tender at Raise the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got Puff the Magic Dragon going round in my head now! Very cute dragon and like the rocker shaped card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOOOO cute!! Love the card and the image is grogeous. Thanks you for joining us this week at OSAAT. Good luck.

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie dragon, and yes, I would probably have been singing Puff the Magic Dragon while working with it as well. Thanks for joining in the Inspired by a Song Title theme at Crafty Boots Challenges. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fun make and unusual shape = just great...thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, Dawn. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think a "cute" dragon was a great choice, Dawn. Love the gold mirror paper! Appropriately flashy for a New Year card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Dawn, that dragon is adorable and i love the shape of your card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dawn - love your card! This is such a fun fold! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Sew Many Challenges! Best of luck in the draw! Hope to see more of your creativity in the future!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (SMC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! Love that image! Thanks for playing with the CCEE stampers this week!

    Hugs, Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card and a cute dragon! Thank you for joining us at The Stamp Man 'red' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Dawn! Loving your matting and layering - I do believe I have now added inverted nesties to my evergrowing wishlist lol. Good luck in your challenges xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute image and great use of the nestie shapes! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at The Hybrid Chick!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful project, thanks for joining us At the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card, what a great image! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super card and image. Thanks for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww this is so cute and I love the shape! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Dawn, what an adorable little dragon card. He is soooo cute. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab card, & song choice. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  30. fabulous card. Love the image.
    many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab card - love the image! Thanks for joining our Animals challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  32. How cute! Thanks for joining the Card Caravan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. melsanford has left a new comment on your post "Enter The Dragon":

    Gorgeous card! Such a cute little dragon :-) Thank you for joining our Animals challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx