Pages

Followers

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Anything But A Card

Good morning lovely readers!
It's time for a new challenge at Crafting For All Seasons.
The theme this time is


I've decorated a candle. I used an image from our sponsor
Robyn's Fetish he's called Carl The Snowman cute huh!
I printed the image onto some tissue paper, coloured it with Flexmarkers
then cut around it & placed it on the candle. I then wrapped a length
of greaseproof paper around it & heated with my heat gun, starting at
the edges & working my way into the middle until the tissue paper was
covered with a layer of wax.
I then added some Washi Tape, silver peel off star borders & stars from 
my stash. I've had them for years & years! 
I made a little base from some card decorated with Washi Tape,then placed in a bag
which I closed together with more tape. I also added a little gift tag.


Here's a closer look at the candle without it's packaging.
Thanks for looking & I hope you can join us for the
I'd like to enter a few challenges:
Just Inspirational - Washi Tape
All Crafts Challenge - Anything But A Card
Get Inky - Christmas
Perfectly Rustics - Christmas Gifts
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything But A Card
Totally Papercrafts - Anything Christmas (not a card)

21 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous Christmas candle Dawn, adorable snowman and I love the matching tag.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous candle, and a cute matching tag too.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect candle! I love your idea to use washi tape for decorate the candle as I have so many washi tape and don´t realy use it! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Candle such a cute Snowman Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Dawn. Love the snowman.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your candle Dawn, so cute. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn Fabulous Candle love the Snowman so cute. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cute Snowman on the candle wonderful work.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who can do this is clever, I tried but messed up...I need to try again...love this Dawn and am proud to be on the DT with you.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!! Great news! You're the featured fan on the Get Inky! Stamps FB fan page!! Come over, like the page, share it and brag to your friends!! Today we celebrate you! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    https://www.facebook.com/GetInkyStamps

    La-Vie B. – Get Inky! DT
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love this candle Dawn, I really want to do these candles, where do you get your tissue paper for printing? love and hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the candle Dawn. A super gift idea.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! Only done the "stamping" on candles technique once! Yours turned out beautifully, and great idea to add some washi tape for decoration.
    Thanks so much for playing along in my "snowman" word play saturday challenge at My Creative Moments! Hope you'll join in my new challenge too! I just posted the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely candle :) Thanks for playing along with JIC this week, Sian (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is another delightful and cute candle. Thank you again for playing along with us at Perfectly Rustics this fortnight, Dawn! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute, I would never actually want to use it! Love the washi tape. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. just so cute, what a gorgeous gift, thanks for joining us at just inspirational challenges. good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this idea & your CUTE snowman on your candle. I want to try this idea myself.

    Thank you for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge.

    ~Beth – Get Inky! DT
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your candle looks fab. I have never seen this way of transferring the image to the candle before. Thank you for joining in at Craft My Life challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx