Pages

Followers

Friday 14 February 2014

Embossed Hearts Valentine

Hi everyone!
Happy Valentines Day to you all!
The card I have to share with you today, is a little Valentine card!
Well it had to be today didn't it!


This was such a simple card to make & it has been bouncing around
 in my head for absolutely ages! I'm so glad to finally get it out!
I used embossed linen cardstock from Southfield Stationers for the base.


I cut two little hears from some Design Paper that I got in Lidl.
The paper was part of a book & is double sided.
It already had little embossed lines with flecks of glitter in.
I covered the hearts with some clear Versamark ink then 
embossed with clear embossing powder, using my heat gun to melt.
I would have prefered to use UTEE but I don't have any so I 
repeated the process several times until I was happy.
The swirls panel is the linen embossed cs which I originally debossed
 then decided I didn't like it so used the reverse side.


I added my sentiment, which I created on my pc, at the top.
If you're looking for a challenge to play in, the theme over at
 The Crafting Cafe this month is Embossing
Thanks for looking today.
I'm off to start my day with a visit to the dentist.
Wish me luck!
I'd like to enter this little card in the following challenges:

Cardz 4 Guyz - Truly Madly Deeply
Die Cuttin' Diva's - Non Traditional Valentine
Shopping Our Stash - Oh Shiny
2 Sisters - Embossing
Open Minded Challenges - Show Some Love
Pumpkin Spice - Hearts

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Dawn, love the beautiful hearts.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you embossed paper hearts - they are great - I love that you have used non traditional colours too - super Valentine card - love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! love the simplicity of your card and the Green hearts, beautifully designed card, thanks for joining us at Open Minded challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clean and simple card and so nice to see something other than red for valentines!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful CAS card Dawn - the embossing is fab and the hearts look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous valentine's card love that you have kept this so simple and elegant and it makes a lovely change from all the red one's that you see flying around. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, love the little pink hearts in the larger green heart. The swirl background is a great backdrop. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hun loving this card the hearts are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed to rush here and take a look at how you used the same paper as I just did. ;) Absolutely beautiful card. I love the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Valentine Card like the Color and The embossing Paper
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW love the great CAS look. Fabulous use of embossing!!!! Just adore the green with this.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really beautiful paper that you used for your hearts! I love the non-traditional Valentine colors with all of that white space. Nice embossed panel too! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful!! My favorite color.. green! And I LOVE that these hearts are green.. how wonderful!! Such a fantastic card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Utterly elegant, Dawn, love this hun, hugs my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, nice to see a colour change for a romantic card. I do like your embossed hearts, well done and thanks for sharing withus at Cardz 4 Guyz this week. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful simple card. Love in green color - why not? Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew challenge. Hugs, Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous clean and simple Valentines Dawn.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the green colour and all the layers of the embossing on the hearts. Fabulous sketch too. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Oh Shiny challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great CAS card and I love the colourway. Thanks for playing long at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, I adore CAS cards!! These hearts are gorgeous!
    Thanks for your beautiful comment about my steampunk card.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, LOVE the embossed strip, Dawn, and the non-traditional colors for a Valentine! Beautifully CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx